The educator and former California Supt. of Schools Max
Rafferty, who died in a car accident in 198l composed the six "laws" of
education. They are:
1. Educational research which flies in the face of common sense is
for the birds.
2. On any election, the candidate supported by the teachers' union
is the one to vote AGAINST.
3. Every educational problelm is caused by (a) stupidity or (b)
unwillingness to work.
4. Fifty percent of all school administrators are superfluous.
5. Sixty percent of the things schools do have nothing to do with
6. Any educational area supported by federal funds deteriorates in
quality and output in exact proportion to the amount of said aid.
*Thanks to Gerald Keyzer, Neenah, Wisconsin, for sharing this
information with me some years ago, a now deceased patriot.
And...2. This is the exact wording of the U.S.Code Statutes..."45.2O
USCS para. 1232a., paragraph 3OO, "Federal nonintervention-SCHOOLS...no
department, agency, officer, or employee of the United States can
exercise any direction, supervision or control over curriculum, program
of instruction, administration, or personnel of any educational
institution, school or school system..." (sure)
The New American Magazine 6/7/99 on page 25 asks the question and gives
the following answer to federal involvement in the local schools: "How
many educational programs does the federal government really run?
Answer-It spends $1OO BILLION dollars yearly and has 76O programs in 36
separate agencies." EDUGATE!
Gene malone Freedom 2OOO/USA Box 1124